Over 800 Canadians have been arrested for protecting our planet.
Over 100 arrests were made last week, bring the total number of arrests over 800.
Thousands of volunteers, indigenous peoples, activists, and Canadian citizens have spent over 365 days protecting the last intact ancient forest watershed at Fairy Creek, yet the war in the woods continues.
This is our update on what is happening, and how you can participate TODAY because the planet need YOU more now than ever... here is why:
The media cannot tell the truth because journalists have been physically restricted from the grounds and what is published doesn't speak to the people, the people like you and us that need our planet.
Video footage has been shared, protests have orchestrated, government official have been call, 100 celebrities have endorsed the movement, yet the war in the woods continues.
Our collective apathy is destroying our civil rights, and our chance to live with the planet (not on the planet).
Knock, knock... our planet is at the door. No time to ignore. Remember who this place is for.
We can make a difference, and we are... but our planet needs YOU now more than ever.
Come on Canada. We'll say it again... Come on Canada.
Simply put we are STILL destroying ancient forests that have existed longer than our country, our people and our profits.
Summary of Current Issues
What is happening at Fairy Creek today? The main stream and direct source media coverage on Fairy Creek can be challenging to follow, so we're going to inform you about what's essential. Here are the current issues related to Fairy Creek & Ancient Forest Protests.
- ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUE: Endangered ancient forests are being destroyed... and we only have 2.7% left in "Beautiful B.C"
- FREEDOM OF SPEECH ISSUE: Media coverage is being censored. Peaceful police coverage exists while media is present; however, aggressive police force is used while journalist are prohibited from entry.*
- CIVIL RIGHTS ISSUES: Hundreds of Canadians are being arrested for peacefully protesting, expressing their opinion and protecting our planet.
- PROVINCIAL POLITICAL ISSUE: The provincial government did not fulfill their platform promises to implement the Old Growth Strategic review.
- FEDERAL INDIGENOUS ISSUE: Indigenous peoples are losing their culture and land because their "Elected-Officials" who are appointed by the B.C government to facilitate agreements are not making decisions based on censuses within their indigenous political & cultural structure.
Put bluntly... if you are Canadian, then Fairy Creek matters to you more than you know.
Put even more bluntly... Canadians are watching their freedom dissolve, which is pathetic considering the personal consequences are small while the consequences to people on this planet are massive. Canadians need to lead by example.
Come on Canada.
*Note: The courts have ruled the media can have access to Fairy Creek, but RCMP is acting 'unlawfully' and ignoring this ruling... so there is another court case starting. (Learn more about the 1st Court Case Here & Here)
Free & Easy Actions
- Local Protest Events Near You
- List of MLAs - Call Yours Today >>>
- Sign The Petitions - super easy >>>
- The Narwhal - Fairy Creek Blockade Artilces
- The Tyee - Fairy Creek Blockade Articles
- CBC - Fairy Creek Blockade Articles
- The Ricochet - Fairy Creek Blockade Articles
- The Times Colonist - Fairy Creek Blockage Articles
- Life UNpacked - Fairy Creek Exclusive: Behind the Forest
- Life UNpacked - Earth Initiative #1
Recent Timeline of Events
- August 26th - Over 800 Canadians have been arrested.
- August 24th - Video of protestors screams while Media is blocked from capturing footage.
- August 23rd - Federal NDP government request investigation of RCMP actions
- August 23rd - National RCMP Stand Down event occurs in cities across the country.
- August 22nd - Over 700 Canadians have been arrested.
- August 21st - Pepper spray is used for the 1st time by RCMP
- August 15th - Screech Owl footage captured at River Camp
- August 14th - Police Violence during Waterfall Camp is explained by witnesses.
- August 11th - Over 600 Canadians have been arrested
- August 10th - BC Supreme Court rules RCMP enforcement of exclusion zones are unlawful
- August 9th - Fairy Creek HQ is raided
- August 8th - 1 Year anniversary of the Fairy Creek Blockade.
- July 31st - Over 500 Canadians have been arrested
- July 30th - Land Protector Nolan Shredz Young funeral is held Saskatoon
- July 28th - RCMP arrests slow down.
- July 21st - Coverage of Sea to Sky old-growth logging in published from Meager Creek.
- July 13th - Over 400 Canadians have been arrested
- July 12th - Forest Defender is assaulted by logger.
- July 11th - Chief Wayne Christian joins and supports Revelstoke blockade
- July 5th - Gambier island Blockade is established.
- July 4th - Waterfall camp is retaken
- July 3rd - Land Protector Nolan Shredz Young passes.
- July 1st - PBS releases short film about Fairy Creek
- July 1st - Over 340 Canadians have been arrested